Create your own Junior Grange themed cross-stitch pattern and execute your design into a framed picture.
- Must be a Junior Grange Member
- Decide on an image of your own creation that represents the Junior Grange
- Trace the pattern you would like to execute onto graph paper
- Use colored pencils to fill in your design. Use from 3 – 7 colors
- Execute your pattern on cloth into an 8 count stitch pattern using a 5×40 grid. (your piece should be 6.25×5 inches, keep in mind that you will want to add two(2) to three(3) inches all around for framing.
- Each entry must be labeled on the back with an index card stating, in clear handwriting or typed, the following information:
- Age (and birthdate)
- Grange name and number
- Mailing address
Submissions must be postmarked by October 1st of current year to be entered into National Competition.
AGE: Will be broken down into 3 age categories:
Group 1: 5-7
Group 2: 8-10
Group 3: 11-14
Judging will be based on creativity, originality, and use of theme.
Awards: Cash prizes for 1st-3rd place winners in each age category will be awarded during the Junior Breakfast at National Session. Winners not present will have their awards mailed to them.