Do you have a Junior Granger who has gone above and beyond for the Grange and their community? Now it is the time to honor them in a special recognition during the National Grange Session. Junior Grangers who plan, participate, and serve their communities will have the opportunity to be honored for their hard work.
In line with the 2019 Grange Month theme- Grangers are Superheroes in Disguise- Juniors are challenged to put on their capes and get out into their communities.
The purpose of the Super JG Award is to spotlight our Junior Grangers that are doing the work of true Grangers and going above and beyond our expectations.
Every Junior that submits an application and meets the tier requirements will be recognized during the Junior Breakfast at National Session, however, the Junior Granger with the most community service hours served in a 1-year time frame will be named as Super JG of the Year. Submissions must be postmarked by October 1.
All Applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Junior Grange member in good standing
- Must be between the ages of 5-14 at time of submission and not yet received the obligation into a Subordinate Grange.
- Junior Granger is expected to keep track of community service hours between November 1 of the current year through October 1 of the following year. example: November 2018- October 2019)
- Junior Granger must keep track of their projects throughout the year.
All Applicants must submit the following:
- 1) Application form (found on next page)
- Letter of recommendation from one of the following: JG Leader, State JG Director, Subordinate Master, or State Master.
- A letter from Junior applicant stating “Why they have a passion to serve their communities and what their favorite service project was from the last year”
- A list of service projects done throughout the year- along with how many hours each project took from start to finish.
- The number of community service hours completed.
TIERS FOR AWARDS:
|WHITE TIER:||Junior must complete between 10-30 community service hours to complete this tier.|
|RED TIER:||Juniors must complete 30-50 hours of community service to complete this tier.|
|BLUE TIER:||Juniors must complete 50-100 hours of community service to complete this tier.|
|GOLD TIER:||Juniors must complete over 100 hours of community service to complete this tier|