Individuals have the opportunity to gain knowledge about the Grange and Junior Grange, its history, and impact on rural America.
Grange Baseball gives you the opportunity to expand your knowledge of the organization in many different areas, while enhancing your critical thinking, problem solving, communications and listening skills Questions will be gathered from: The National Grange roster, youth and Junior programs, past trivia challenges, manual, degrees, Grange history books, Digest of Laws, Journal of Proceedings, etc.
Age: 5-14 years of age by December 31 of the competing year.
- Regional Participants will be divided into two teams: Blue Agates or Golden Sheaves. State affiliations do not matter.
- Play will last for five innings or an hour and a half. In the case of a tie breaker an extra inning will be played.
- Each team will get 3 outs per inning. (An out is an incorrect answer.)
- When a player gets up to bat they will get to determine what type of base hit they want: single, double, triple, home run.
- The type of base hit will determine the difficulty of the question.
- Participants will have 15 seconds to answer a single or double question; 30 seconds to answer a triple or home run question.
Once the teams have been decided, the teams will need to come up with a line-up.Teams cannot help the batter answer a question.
Statistics will be kept on each individual player. The three players from each region with the best slugging percentages will represent the region at National. These participants will be referred to as “Silver Sluggers”.
For anyone not participating, team cheering sections are highly encouraged. Cheer gear will be provided by the National Grange Youth Department.
Anyone is able to participate at a regional level, only Juniors/Youth/Young Adults will be able to participate at National session.
The top 3 contestants with the highest scores in the Junior Category will win a cash prize.
Contestant’s information must be submitted no later than Nov. 1 to the National Junior Grange Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Junior Grange Name and Number