2019 Awareness Award Theme: DAIRY AWARENESS
Complete the following tasks to receive your 2019 Awareness Award!
- Research the importance of milk production and how milk gets from the farm to your table. Speak to a dairy farmer or someone who works in the dairy industry about the importance of dairies and local production of products.
- Create a collage from recycled resources (ie newspapers, grocery ads, etc) of items that can be made from dairy products.
- Create a flier to be distributed or hung up at your Grange Hall or local establishments, to support local dairy farms.
- Make something edible from dairy products (*Be creative- for example: Make Ice-Cream in a bag, or butter in a jar)
- Participate in the National Junior Grange Program “Kelly Farm Project” found on page 11 of the Junior Program Book
- Speak at your Junior Grange and/or Subordinate Grange about the importance of supporting local farmers and dairies.
Submit the following information:
- Copy of your flyer and collage
- Pictures of edible dairy project and meeting with a dairy worker.
- Junior Leader must letter stating your efforts.
- Pictures of your efforts to bring awareness! (Talking to neighbors, at your Grange meeting, hanging flyers, etc…)
The Awareness Awards will be presented during the Junior Grange Breakfast at National Session. If you are unable to attend National Session we will send your certificate home with State Master or another representative. Awards will be given to either Individuals or Junior Granges.
Individual Junior Submissions MUST HAVE:
- Grange Name & Number
- Mailing Address
- Email/ Phone Number
Junior Grange Submissions MUST HAVE:
- Junior Grange Name & Number
- Junior Leaders Name
- Mailing Address
- Email/Phone Number
SUBMISSIONS FOR AWARD MUST BE MADE BY OCTOBER 1.