2017 Awareness Award Theme: HONEY BEE AWARENESS
Complete the following tasks to receive your 2017 Awareness Award!
- Talk to a local beekeeper about why honeybees are good for us
- Create a flyer to raise awareness about honeybees. And place the flyer up at your Grange Hall, local businesses, or grocery stores.
- Encourage friends, family, and neighbors to not use toxic chemical pesticides
- Find out what plants honey bees are drawn to and plant a small(or large) garden. Or help a local gardener or small group plant a garden.
- Speak at your Junior Grange and/or Subordinate Grange about the importance of honeybees!
Submissions for Award:
- Submit a copy of your flyer
- Any written testimonials about your efforts to bring awareness
- Junior Leader must submit a letter stating your efforts.
- Submit pictures of your efforts to bring awareness! (Talking to neighbors, at your Grange meeting, hanging flyers, etc…)
The Awareness Awards will be presented during the Junior Grange Breakfast at National Session. If you are unable to attend National Session we will mail your certificate.
- All Articles Submitted MUST have the Juniors
- Grange Name & No.
- Mailing Address
Here are some topics that could be addressed;
1) Bees are defenders not aggressors,
2) Do you know how hard a bee has to work to bring you honey?
3) Medicinal products from the Beehive,
4) Small Cell Beekeeping is making a difference reducing the CCD,
5) Feral bees are the bees of the future,
6) Did you know that bees were around when there were dinosaurs? 7) Insecticides and fungicides kill bees slowly in their hives.
8) The more progressive cities like New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco they allow people to keep bees in their gardens and balconies, does your city or town?
9) How to behave around bees.