2024 Awareness Award Theme: CORN
Complete the following tasks to receive your 2023 Awareness Award!
- RESEARCH: Define what a vegetable is and what grain is. And identify how corn is each of those things.
- RESEARCH: Through online resources or by visiting your local library research how many varieties of corn there are and list them.
- RESEARCH: Research ways in which corn is good for your body.
- IDENTIFY: 10 ways that corn can be used.
- Pick at least two of the following:
- ACTIVITY- Create an art project using corn.
- BUILD- Grind Corn or create Corn Meal.
- MAKE- Make biodegradable corn plastic.
- BUILD- Build a model of a corn maze.
- SHOW WHAT YOU KNOW: Create a poster to teach others about the multiple purposes of corn. How corn benefits our world and why it is so popular in America.
- TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE: Create an activity that can be used as a Lecturers program to test people’s knowledge about corn.
- SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW: Take all of the things you learned about corn and make a plan on how you are going to inform your family, friends and community.
Submit the following information:
- A brief synopsis (no longer than 1 page) of your research
- Copy of your poster
- Pictures of your two activities
- Pictures of your efforts to bring awareness! (Talking to neighbors, at your Grange meeting, hanging flyers, etc…)
The Awareness Awards will be presented during the National Grange Convention. If you are unable to attend National Session, we will send your certificate home with your State President or another representative. Awards will be given to either Individuals or Junior Granges.
Individual Junior Submissions MUST HAVE
- Grange Name & Number
- Mailing Address
- Email/ Phone Number
Junior Grange Submissions MUST HAVE:
- Junior Grange Name & Number
- Junior Leader’s Name
- Mailing Address
- Email/Phone Number
SUBMISSIONS FOR AWARD MUST BE MADE BY SEPTEMBER 1.