2023 Awareness Award Theme: REDUCE, REUSE & RECYCLE
Complete the following tasks to receive your 2023 Awareness Award!
- RESEARCH: Define each of the following words: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
- RESEARCH: Visit your local library and find at least three books to help you better understand the three R’s.
- RESEARCH: Learn how reducing waste, reusing items, and recycling can help you, your community, and the environment around you.
- IDENTIFY: 10 ways that you can increase reduce/reuse/recycle in your life.
- Pick at least two of the following:
- ACTIVITY- Create an art project using recycled items.
- BUILD- Build a recycling station for your home or Grange Hall
- CHALLENGE- Go 10 days or longer without creating waste
- BUILD- Build a composting station at your home or Grange Hall
- SHOW WHAT YOU KNOW: Create a poster to encourage other people to Reduce, Reuse, & Recycle.
- TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE: Create an activity that can be used as a Lecturers program to test people’s knowledge about what can be reduced, reused, or recycled.
- SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW: Take all of the things you learned about Reduce, Reuse, & Recycle and make a plan on how you are going to inform your family, friends and community.
Submit the following information:
- A brief synopsis (no longer than 1 page) of your research
- Copy of your poster
- Pictures of your two activities
- Pictures of your efforts to bring awareness! (Talking to neighbors, at your Grange meeting, hanging flyers, etc…)
The Awareness Awards will be presented during the National Grange Convention. If you are unable to attend National Session we will send your certificate home with your State President or another representative. Awards will be given to either Individuals or Junior Granges.
Individual Junior Submissions MUST HAVE
- Grange Name & Number
- Mailing Address
- Email/ Phone Number
Junior Grange Submissions MUST HAVE:
- Junior Grange Name & Number
- Junior Leader’s Name
- Mailing Address
- Email/Phone Number
SUBMISSIONS FOR AWARD MUST BE MADE BY SEPTEMBER 1.