The purpose of the National Junior Grange Ambassador program is to provide an opportunity for outstanding Junior Grangers, selected by their State Grange, to attend the National Grange Convention and build their leadership potential. They will be given the opportunity to build relationships with other Junior Grangers and Grangers across the Nation. They will receive vital training that will be instrumental in developing the Junior Grange programs within their state, as well as preparing them for their future in the Grange.
A maximum of 2 Junior Grangers per state, one male and one female, may be chosen to represent their State at the National Convention. One candidate will be chosen through a process of interviews and observations made by a council of judges. The candidate that is chosen will be selected as the National Junior Grange Ambassador and will be a representative of the National Junior Grange program for a 1 year term.
All applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Junior Grange member for a minimum of 3 years.
- Must be between the ages of 10-14 years, having observed their 10th birthday, but not their 15th by December 31st of the year they attend National Session.
- Ambassadors must be able to attend National Convention to represent their state during Junior Grange activity days (Thursday-Saturday)
- Junior Ambassadors must have a parent or guardian attend the National convention with them.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Four letters of recommendations from:
- State Master
- State Junior Director (if applicable)
- Junior Leader
- Educational Leader (i.e. teacher, Sunday school teacher etc)
- Headshot – a photograph containing only yourself
- One-page biography telling about yourself, your family, and your Junior Grange Achievements.
- Applicant must have completed and passed the Super JG knowledge test. (Attach a copy of the test or a copy of your Super JG Award.)
- Attach a one-page essay on “Why you would like to represent the National Grange as the NJGA”
- Applicant must have obtained a minimum of 10 Merit badges from each category (The Grange Adventure, Team Up America, and Discovery Network)
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION: AUGUST 15th
Each State Grange may send one male and one female representative.
**At this time all Ambassadors must be able to attend National Convention and all Junior Activities at their own cost**